Thursday, September 4, 2008
Self-Fulfilling Surveys?
Today I am working on my to-do list while treating myself to my favorite French Cafe. I love to look around and observe people here. Did you know they eat with their knife and fork in the opposite hands as we do. Its a bit strange. Sam had been working on it in the school cafeteria, but I think he's given it up. One thing on my to-do list is to fill out the parent survey for Sam. I feel so weird filling these out. I always wonder if they are self-fulfilling, labeling... So if I write that he's happy does that become true? What if I say troublesome or hyper? Do teachers then react to them by what we write on our surveys? I wonder how much of what we think of our children becomes something for them to overcome or life up to... Anyway, just some random thoughts and something to think about.