All of us took a sick day today. We have all been feeling a bit overwhelmed, each in our own way. Sam and Sara watched a movie about a dad and a dog last night and both cried themselves to sleep over missing their Dad and Koda. And then that escalated into friends and family and neighborhood and soccer teams and the trampoline...How can one person (me) take on all their emotions and my own? Only time will tell I guess.
Kirt was in the States a couple of weeks ago and has been there since last Wednesday and the week in the middle he was really busy at work so the kids are having Dad withdrawals.
We had another fox sighting in our back garden. The kids seem to think if we could turn her into our pet they could survive without Koda for a bit longer.
Sara made the first team for the middle school. The 7th graders on the team are very strong, the 8th graders not so much. The problem here is that as an 8th grader you can make the JV team, so any good 8th graders get pulled up. Although the middle school A team scrimmaged the JV team last week and beat them 5 - 1. Yikes! The JV coach has already been talking to Sara. The bad thing (bad from my stand point only) is that she is playing goalie. I keep talking to the coach about letting her play on the field for at least half the game, but he keeps brushing me off. Then, in last Thursday's game she took out a girl (in the box) who was heading for her goal and had to be the recipient of a direct penalty kick on goal. The score was tied 2-2 with less than a minute left in the game. Sara made an awesome block and then scrambled to pick up the ball and the girl came in and kicked the ball out of her hands/body and into the goal. The other side cheered wildly while Sara still lay on the ground in tears and pain. The Refs whistle blew and he called a foul and announced "no goal". It was our turn to cheer. Sara slowly dragged her injured self up, wiped away her tears and cleared the ball out of her goal box and the final whistle blew. A very dramatic last couple of minutes. As I was leaving the field her coach quietly remarked "see why I don't take her out of goal?". I think I lost my battle...
When Sara's team has home games Sam and I go to the Sports Center. The Sports Cafe is open on game days. We order cheese toast (grilled cheese) and sweets and do the days homework and then go watch the game. It's a pretty fun thing for us to do together. Trey and his friends pop in when they need something. The sports center at the school is awesome. It's where the workout/gym is, the indoor courts, the swimming pool, dance studio, etc. Sam has swimming on Thursday's for PE. Its pretty cool for them to go to the locker room and change and shower. It's great to have all these facilities on campus.
We're heading to Scotland this weekend, Edinburgh to be exact. Kirt will try to meet us there if he is back from the states by then. But the kids and I leave friday after parent teacher conferences. I'll let you know how that goes.